As a parent, you don’t have the luxury of worrying only about yourself and your emotional well-being. It is your job, in good times and bad, to attend to the needs of your child as well as your own. Putting your child’s needs first is a no-brainer, so when something bad happens, it feels natural to put your own on the back burner.
The purpose of this 20-page booklet is to help parents who are dealing with their own grief balance their needs with the needs of the children in their care.
Topics covered in, Parenting While Grieving, include…
- The importance of self-care
- Modeling and social learning
- Suggestions for grieving while parenting
- Helping children find outlets for their grief
- Coping with your own grief
Have a question about this resource? Email firstname.lastname@example.org